Always wanted to learn Spanish? Thinking about living or retiring in a Spanish speaking country? Or do you simply want to give your brain the best mental exercise there is? Blink’s Focused Spanish is the most hands-on product that Blink offers. As older students learn differently, our experienced professors put in extra time for every class to make sure we are managing your learning as efficiently as possible for YOU. Different exercises, different methodology, and customized materials are part of our Focused Spanish process. If you like word games, puzzles, numbers and music than you will love learning Spanish. Language is learned like a code or like music and Blink’s algorithm-focused system makes it easier for you to understand and learn the language.
Is it harder to learn for older people? Yes, but that doesn’t mean we can’t teach you. It is proven that learning another language makes your brain stronger and can literally extend the life of your brain. Like all organs, our brains have the amazing ability to regenerate and become stronger and healthier with “exercise”. The actual process in the brain is different the older we are. Kids for example learn language exclusively in the left brain. For adults the process relies more and more on the right brain. For people 55+ the process begins almost exclusively in the right brain but can slowly stimulate and wake up our left brain language lobes. This is an amazing thing to experience as it is often accompanied with feelings of elevated mental sharpness, memories locked away in these parts of the brain, and other great benefits.
If you are ready to challenge yourself, make your brain stronger, and speak another language, Blink is ready to lead you through the process!
- Understand frequently used expressions in daily situations.
- Have a basic conversation related to immediate needs.
- Express briefly and simply satisfaction or dissatisfaction for the services that have been provided.
I have shoes. You have a funny face.
I am a man. You are a doctor.
I am bored. You are at the store.
In Spanish for example I am not cold, but instead, I have cold.
Easiest shortcut in Spanish
I am going to… + any verb or place
In English we say ¨Do you know that new sushi restaurant´ for that form of ´know´ in Spanish we use the verb conocer.
In Spanish it is NEVER your fault. You don´t have a stomach ache. Instead, your stomach has it’s own pain.
- Understand frequently used phrases and expressions related to areas of expertise that are especially relevant to you (basic information about yourself and your family, shopping, places of interest, occupations, etc.).
- Communicate to perform simple tasks and daily that require simple and direct exchanges of information about known topics or habits.
- Describe in terms of simple aspects of his/her past and context, as well as topics related to his/her immediate needs.
- Understand the main ideas of clear texts and in standard language if they are about known topics, just as work, study or hobbies.
- Interact in the majority of situations that may come up while traveling through areas where the language is used.
- Produce simple and coherent texts about familiar topics or personal interest.
- Describe experiences, facts, wishes and aspirations, as well as as justify opinions or explain plans.
- Understand the main ideas of complex text of concrete and abstract topics, even if they are technical but always in his/her field.
- Connect with native speakers with a certain grade of sufficiency, fluency and naturality in the way of speaking. Using the language without effort.
- Produce clear and detailed texts about diverse topics just as defend a point of view general topics indicating pros and cons of the different options.
I would highly recommend Blink! The teachers are engaging and flexible with a structured and effective approach. Not only have I enjoyed chatting with the teachers about life/culture in Colombia, but I’ve also learned far more through blink than through other online sites.
I've had a fantastic time with Blink Interactive! I really look forward to class every day with my teacher Jorge. The scheduling is very flexible and they are super responsive to your needs. This has been an incredible value - taking classes with Blink is easily, the best decision I've made during this time.
Best place to learn and practice Spanish. Great communication, flexible scheduling, fair price. The teachers know your level and prepare your lessons to be most efficient. Not only grammar, but also conversation. I’ve already learned a lot in my first few weeks and lessons are fun.
I would recommend Blink, if you want to learn spanish rapidly. I checked out different schools, but blink responded really quick in contact over email or whatsapp. The owner is one fantastic friendly guy and will put the right course for you. If you want to learn rapidly, i recommend especially private classes. I chose for private because i am a quick learner. I experienced several professors and they were all great, but the most time i spend luckily with Christian. I am a teacher aswell in other things and if you ask me then this guy is the best. He is so clear in explaining and let you use very practical spanish and give you language «hacks». With this i mean you can have full conversations with using charts. Spanish is a challenging language, but he really makes it so easy for you. He is fun and will help you with anything. So if you want to learn fast, go to blink, take private class and ask for Christian ;). I didn’t experienced all teachers but i assume they are all great! Thanks for everything blink, you really opened up a new world for me.
Blink is an incredible school! I learnt so much in one week while having so much fun in the process so I decided to sign up for more classes.
Lucia is such an ambitious, passionate and motivated teacher, it’s hard to put it into words! Blink’s classes are well structured. She explains very well (and does so again and again and again until you get it) and always finds new ways to keep learning fun as well as suitable for every day situations and conversations. She is driven and positive and constantly has your progress on her radar. I have improved immensely from her classes and can highly recommend!